I had mentioned that I did a friends wedding decor at the beginning of July. Well, I got some of the pictures from her yesterday and thought I would share them with you. Sometimes it really amazes me what you can do with a little paper.This first picture is of the whole room, if you look closely you will see butterflies on the glasses, signs on the tables and napkin rings. Lets look at those details........
Here are the butterflies on the glasses. Her colours were orange & Brown so I used a mix of Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango and Cameo Coral. The butterflies were cut out with my Beautiful Butterflies die and my Big Shot. I then cut notches in them to fit onto the glasses. The Bride and her bridesmaids wrote everyone's name on the butterfly for the place cards.The napkin rings were made with the same combination of card stock out of 2 scallop circles. You snip down the scallops on the top one, add a circle to the middle in So Saffron and cover it with Dazzling Diamonds! Voila! The base of the ring is a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock wrapped in White Satin ribbon.
The bride didn't want her tables numbered so they picked a bunch of Love Songs and gave each table a number. I created the sign in MDS printed it out on Whisper White card stock and mounted it on some Pumpkin Pie. I affixed a butterfly in the top corner from the same card stock colours as the place cards.
The Bride wanted a Sweets buffet for her guests to enjoy. So I was asked to make a sign for that table too, again using MDS and printed on Whisper White card stock.
She also wanted a Branch to decorate her guest book/cake table. I got the branch from my backyard, spray painted it gold. I took a clay pot, painted it orange and filled it with the paper that comes with our Stampin' Up! shipments. This was perfect for holding the branch once I made a whole in the centre of it with some scissors. I wrapped some White satin ribbon around the top and affixed one of the flowers from the napkin rings. On the branch I added paper roses and more butterflies.
And last but not least was the Seating Chart. I really enjoyed making this! I created it using a combination of MDS, MS Publisher and Photoshop Elements. I then formated it for a 24 x 36 poster size and had my friendly neighbourhood printing shop print and foam core mount it. This was not a cheep option, but well worth it for the final look.
All of these elements were easy to make. It just takes a little time and some creativity. I really enjoyed doing it, and would love to do more in the future.